Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Rocking Birthday

Ruby and I are having a rocking good time to celebrate my birthday. The five-year-old won the race, but I certainly had the coolest mount, a wooden bunny. Ruby's Mum, Catherine Pigott invited me over for wine and pizza when she discovered I wasn't doing anything in the evening. Catherine and I both worked on Morningside years ago, though at different times. She has been in Yellowknife now for several years, and currently works as producer at Trail's End, the afternoon show.

Her passion is the special projects she gets to work on from time to time, and now she's working on a big proposal about the Mackenzie River, its history and future with the pipeline, for 2008. But that's all worked around a busy life with Ruby, a very active youngster, about to enter Kindergarten this fall.

It was a good Birthday, starting with beautiful flowers from Brian, a lovely card from my friend Aggie, capped by dinner at Catherine's. Best of all, Bronwyn called to say she received her income tax return and will be booking a flight to Yk at the beginning of August. Carsten arrives Saturday and Brian the last week of August, so my entire family (minus the cats) will share my northern experience.



"War and Peace"

No comments: