Tuesday, July 31, 2007

After the Storm

We had an amazing light and picture show last night, with a thunderstorm at 3 a.m. that made many a dog "wiggy" and woke up their masters. Heavy rain, loud thunder and lightning joined forces that resulted in yet another power outage. For the first time since I arrived, my suite was in total darkness. A combination of the rain-laden skies and lack of illumination from neon signs outside and digital clocks inside prevented any light from penetrating the rooms. I've become so accustomed to nights that never get beyond twilight, that it was a shock to navigate in the dark.
Fortunately, the power returned in time for morning coffee. I had to take a taxi to work because of the heavy rainfall, but happily I returned home via the Frame Lake Trail. And here's a family--actually it looks like a couple of families of ducks I came across. This photo is super-zoomed so the quality isn't terrific, but there are about 12 baby ducks in this grouping.

No comments: