Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Last Post

My gig in Yellowknife proves that you can have your cake and eat it too. This humungous cake, complete with edible photos, was the highlight of my last day at the CBC station in Yellowknife. Over the course of the day, I served up pieces, while packing up my desk and putting the finishing touches on my work. And I went out to lunch with a few people to the Gold Range Bistro where you can get a hefty portion of fresh whitefish with rice and frozen vegetables.
It was an emotional day for me, and as I walked one last time along Frame Lake Trail, I took a moment to reflect on the beauty of the north. I left, as I did in 1979, knowing I had to go, but feeling as though the place once again had seeped under my skin and that, somehow, I'm not finished with this place.

No comments: