Thursday, September 6, 2007

Au Revoir Yellowknife

Here's the crew from The Trailbreaker, the morning show for the NWT on CBC radio. We have what we call the huddle each morning at 9 a.m. to talk about the show and what's coming up, before the main morning meeting for the station. From left to right: producer Sonja Koenig, news reader Kirsten Murphy, reporter Dawn Ostrem, fill-in reporter Joslyn Oosenbrug, ME, host Randy Henderson and director/technician Phil Morck.



Tomorrow morning I have to return my laptop to the station on what will be my last day at CBC North and, so, this is my last post from Yellowknife. When I get back to Nova Scotia I may blog some more about this wonderful adventure and add more of the gazillion photos I've taken. But for now, here's a rogue's gallery of some of the faces that I snapped at the office today.




Florence Yaxley recently switched from reception to admin. assistant. We're neighbours on the second floor. She has great taste in jewellery--check out the ring.








I've written about the adventures of Snookie Catholique, the Chipewyan reporter for TV. Here she is in full frame!










TV reporter Lee Sellick has built himself a fortress of tapes in the newsroom. And this is after the office cleanup!








Rassi Nashalik is the host of Igalaaq, the daily TV show in Inuktitut that airs before the English program.
Here's some inside info about Rassi--she's phobic about meeting a bear.






Donna Lee is the online journalist for the north, covering all three territories.





And Terri Boldt plays many roles in TV. She's up for the whackiest person award. But it's a tight race in this cast of colourful characters.

No comments: